At PhysioWISE, we can provide advice, treatment and education specific to Women’s Health which includes:
- bladder & bowel problems
- pre & post natal consultations
The prevalence of bladder and bowel problems amongst the female population is increasing, with an estimated 4.8 million Australians affected.
Of those affected, it is concerning to know that less than half will seek help in their lifetime, often with the misconception that it is an acceptable condition to live with.
These women are often unaware that there are many treatments available to assist in reducing the burden of their symptoms.
The first step involves speaking up and seeking advice.
Frequent complaints experienced by those affected include:
- Having to visit the toilet several times throughout the day due to fear of leaking urine
- Leaking urine while on the way, or waiting, for the toilet
- A sudden desire to pass urine with little or no warning
- Leaking urine when you cough, sneeze or exercise.
- Difficulty passing urine/emptying your bladder, sometimes requiring a second visit to the toilet soon after you have emptied
- Needing to go to the toilet several times throughout the night
- A heaviness or bulge sensation felt in your vagina
- Inability to control wind and bowel movements
Those who experience symptoms like these may be suffering from:
- urge or stress urinary incontinence
- pre/post-natal pelvic symptoms/pain
- pelvic organ prolapse
- pelvic floor weakness
Such symptoms can often be effectively treated and managed.
During your Women’s Health consultation, your Physiotherapist will:
- discuss your concerns
- perform a thorough assessment of your pelvic floor
- explain your condition clearly
- assist you towards making the best decision in regards to your treatment options
Call 02 9890 9009 and book a consultation with a Women’s Health Physiotherapist.